How many of you have a tough time accessing a certain streaming service or a website from abroad? Have you ever encountered any issues along the way? Or have you ever wondered why you’re often blocked out of it? It’s a sad fact that if you’re trying to access international content from abroad, you’re bound to be blocked out. It’s the same case for the people of South Africa.
Yes, you’ll have access to all of the best SA content, but what happens if you’re trying to sign into your Amazon Prime or BBC iPlayer account? Or even try to get into your offshore online banking account?
Secondly, if you’re travelling to South Africa, you’re bound to meet a glitch or two at some point. South Africa has one of the largest population of internet users in the world, and it also ranks 3rd on the “highest cybercrime rates” list.
You’re going to need to be twice as careful, especially considering there is no harsh internet surveillance or censorship laws. This is probably why the crime rates are so high. So, to stay safe on the South African internet and to access international content while travelling there, make sure you’re connected to the best VPN for South Africa.
If you’re new to the VPN industry and don’t quite know how to get started, take a look at the tutorial below.
Steps to access foreign content within South Africa
Regardless of whether you’re travelling to South Africa or live there, the tutorial is for all those who’re trying to access international content from within the country. Since the Netflix and Amazon Prime US libraries are the most popular, I’m going to highlight that in the tutorial below:
- First, make sure that you’re subscribed to the best South African VPN and create your account. You don’t need to choose the most expensive, since there are many top providers that offer the best VPN deals. Choose the most affordable package.
- Download and install the VPN app on a supported device. Choose one that offers VPN apps for all the major devices and operating systems, like Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS.
- Once installed, launch the VPN app and sign in to your account. Make any necessary changes like enabling the Kill Switch or switching protocols if you like.
- Connect to a US server since you’re trying to access Netflix or Amazon Prime. Similarly, you can switch servers according to what you’re trying to unblock.
- That’s all!
Just in case you don’t quite know how to choose a VPN to use in South Africa, take a look at the short guide below.
How to choose the best VPN for South Africa
There are many aspects that you need to look into in order to choose a VPN that works best in South Africa and internationally. Here’s how to choose one:
- Choose one with advanced military-encryption, a Kill Switch, obfuscated servers and other advanced security features.
- A huge network coverage containing locations in major parts of the world, including South Africa.
- That observes a strict no-logs policy, keeping your privacy and data protected.
- Fast speedsand unlimited bandwidth.
- Compatibility with multiple devicesand simultaneous device connections.
- And the assistance of a 24/7 support chator helpline.